Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Annnnnnd We’re Back!

{A Year in Review... or: Why Life Doesn’t Have to Suck}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:We%27re_Back!_Movie_Poster.jpg
It is a good thing no one really follows this blog yet because it has been a year since I last posted anything. Epic Fail! I will use my previous post as an explanation and an excuse - house flooded, laid off, found asbestos, being homeless and living in a 1 room hotel with a high energy dog and no kitchen for 5 weeks. Yeah, it was even worse than it sounds.

Hit fast-forward on life and here we are with the Alpha Geek getting promoted and me getting a job and a promotion to a position I love. Oh yeah, and we just bought a house! But that’s how life works, isn’t it? You get dragged kicking and screaming through the trenches until every once and a while you find yourself basking in a ray of sunshine. Now how long this ray of sunshine is going to last, I don’t know and frankly, it doesn’t really matter.

When I was in high school I was a stressed out mess taking too many Advanced Placement courses and neglecting any semblance of a social life. The stress and need to be smart and perfect had taken over and I was not the kind of person I wanted to be. I don't remember what the precipitating factor was, but it got to a point that I decided I did not like my life and needed a change; I decided to make the change to choose to be happy. That may oversimplify things a bit and I know that there are those who suffer from depression and can’t just choose to be happy, but what it boils down to is a change in outlook on life.

There have been times like last year’s 5 weeks of misery that have tested my positive outlook and I wasn’t happy. It isn’t realistic to be happy ALL of the time because life really can suck, but it doesn’t do any good to wallow in your own self pity indefinitely. Once I put on my big girl pants and decided to suck it up and deal with life I landed the interview that got me the job I have today. Life may start sucking again here soon because Murphy seems to be out to get this girl and her geek, but when it does I can choose to remember these moments where life is pretty freaking awesome.

 Deal with it  Deal With it Hedgehog
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/91/913520a824b30f3a47ef67ea6adeebc910e4d98958b597f7dde41f769cc380bb.jpg 

No comments:

Post a Comment