Thursday, August 14, 2014

It's go time! Charizard Cosplay Progress

I realized this week that there are just 3 weeks left until SLC Comic Con! It is still a work in progress, but this week I got the teal added to the wings, made a frame for them out of metal rods, and mounted them to a cardboard base. The cardboard will ultimately be attached to a sweet orange backpack, but the metal rods go around all of the edges so it is sturdy enough to support itself. I also decided this week to make the yellow part of Charizard's tummy a corset/wide belt and braided teal ribbon to use as the ties - I thought the teal would accent the wings nicely. I re-styled the wig a bit so the tips of the horns flare out and look more flame like and I bought orange hair ties so they would blend in better. I left a bunch of hair out in the front because I am still deciding if I want to braid it back or trim bangs... I figure I can decide that once I do my hair/makeup test. I bought some orange eye-shadow and lipstick this week so I hope to do my makeup test this weekend.


Up Next: 
- Attach wing frame to backpack & cover ugly cardboard w/orange fabric.
- Clean up and seal fabric edges of wings.
- Add copper scale detailing to pants.
- Sew tail, attach to corset, and set up light effects for flame.
- Hair/makeup test.
- If time - sculpt claws & attach to shoes
- Sew vest for Pokemon Trainer
- Paint pokeballs & attach to belt for Pokemon Trainer

No comments:

Post a Comment